A beautiful smile is a healthy smile. You’ve heard it before and you’ll hear it again: brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss and use a fluoride-based mouthwash.
Most people have the brushing part down, so we’ll focus on the other two. Let’s get down to the cold hard facts of oral hygiene. Brushing is simply not enough. There is hidden bacteria in and around your teeth and gums that has to be removed in order to help eliminate bacteria that causes cavities and plaque that builds up around the teeth.
The American Dental Association recommends flossing once per day. You might already know this, but still have trouble remembering to do so. We’re going to help you with that.
5 Ways to help you remember to floss and use mouthwash
- Put them right next to your toothbrush or set them out on the counter as a constant reminder.
- Set a repeat calendar reminder on your smartphone with a few words or encouragement like – remove bacteria or have fresh breath!
- Bring an extra travel set of both with you in your car, purse or desk drawer.
- Put a sticky note on the mirror in your bathroom. Move the note around a few times so you don’t get used to it being there.
- Make it a part of your normal routine. It’s takes less than a month to make something a routine. Get creative, set reminders and you’ll be on your way to a healthier and cleaner mouth.
Why should you use floss and mouthwash?
In addition to the reasons mentioned above, mouthwash and flossing can make your smile even brighter. Plaque builds on your teeth. Using all three methods of oral care really makes a difference.
Remember to floss and use mouthwash in addition to brushing. Do not use mouthwash as a substitute.
You can love your smile from the inside out! Make great oral hygiene a routine and you’ll understand why it’s so important. If you have any questions, contact us at: 402-397-4226.