The difference between clear and traditional braces comes down to a few simple factors. If you are interested in having a less noticeable way to straighten your teeth, clear braces might be something to consider. Below are a few things to keep in mind when trying to decide between clear braces; made of plastic or ceramic, and metal braces; made of stainless steel.
Clear VS. Traditional Braces:
- There might be a cost difference. In some cases, clear braces can be more expensive than metal. It all depends on your treatment plan, of course, but be aware that clear braces are sometimes more costly due to the cost of the materials used.
- Some people love to change out the colors. Clear braces will eliminate the need to change the colors of the rubber bands around the brackets. Some people find it fun to show off their red, white and blue braces. Some do not. This is something to consider.
- Clear braces might show what you drank with dinner. Proper dental hygiene is very important no matter what type of treatment plan you are on. Clear braces can start to show discoloration from food and drink if proper cleaning practices are not followed.
- You have more than two options. If you are looking for a less obvious approach, Invisalign is also something to consider.
- One might be better suited for you than the other. When you come to see us at Huerter Orthodontics, we will make the recommendation that is right for you. We will go over all of the pros and cons during your consultation, which is absolutely free. We will help you understand exactly what you need.
Do you have questions about your orthodontic treatment options? We are always available to talk with you and address your concerns.
Give us a call today!